View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 09:34 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Default Scoliosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by trappednerve View Post
I may have in fact had scoliosis my whole life without knowing it until now.
trappednerve,

I heard back from my sister. Apparently, though scoliosis is as common in men as in women, the progression in women is quite different, so you might start (if you haven't already) some homework on that condition.

Everyone's case is going to be different, but if you think you've had it this long and never knew it, I'm guessing that yours is not as pronounced as some peoples', which may be in your favor.

My sister went through several chiropractors until she found one who was worn a darn with scoliosis, (moral: Don't give up if at first you don't succeed) and even then it took 2-3 years of treatments, but eventually she was pain-free. A regimen of glucosamine/chondroitin, ginger, fish oil, bromelain, curcumin, boswellia and anti-oxidants also helped.

HTH,

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote