Thread: FireFox 6
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 11:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default thanks

Thanks, now I'm really paranoid! lol No, there was no execute or run button, just a window saying download and one saying save I think..don't think I missed one as I was looking for something that simple. Haven't decided if I should try to update Norton on top of FF which is backward and may not work, or if I should call India and see if they can fix it if I get their Norton a month early.

Later: found automatic live update in my Norton stuff (duh..) so did that. Still no toolbar but found FF 'whatever it is I forgot' that said Norton IPS was enabled but tool bar was not, also found a question at Norton site concerning that which said you are still protected with no tool bar SO WHO REALLY CARES ANYHOW!!! I know what its for but haven't really used it anyway. I suppose it was never mentioned that IPS was still on because it was assumed everyone knew it. huh..

Thanks, it does help to vent if nothing else, this makes me feel like I'm having to try to learn to be a mechanic when all I want to do is drive the darn car.
Zygo

Last edited by zygopetalum; 08-22-2011 at 01:08 PM. Reason: update
zygopetalum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote