View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 07:02 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Red face

What CarGirl said................... i've been afraid to contribute because my tendency would be to overhaul what you wrote into a more structured document.

i did like DiMarie's edit of the bit on the multiple medications.

i will venture a couple of comments on structure i guess... i would break up the last part into sections (paragraphs). I see two themes:

1... specific problems that arise either directly due to seizures, or due to medication side effects

2... concrete ways in which schools can help students with epilepsy progress and achieve, using alternative methods, rather than throw them out of school.

the content you have is good, as is, but i might also like to see a brief section (perhaps ending paragraph and segue to the throwing out of school bit) something to the effect that this throwing out is overt discrimination and violates the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).

thing is, i am not sure how long this piece is supposed to be. that too will determine how much you put in, and how much you elaborate on various things.

you might also want to have a chat with Porkette about this. she posts here on the Epilepsy forum. she is a teacher for students with special needs, and suffers from epilepsy herself. she doesn't take bs from anyone when bad stuff goes down in school.

~ waves ~
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (08-22-2011), Dmom3005 (08-22-2011)