View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 08:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Mary,

I am interested to know how your spinal cord stimulator is working. My husband had one implanted 12 weeks ago and so far he hasn't be able to use it. He is having an extreme amount of pain at the top of his back where they did the top incision for the leads. Any information would be very helpful.

Dani

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwest View Post
Hello, I have had back and leg pain for years and years. I have had the injections and the burning. That work for a few years but with the disc slowly disappearing one by one the shots just weren't working anymore. I had the SCS put in for 5 days. I knew it worked some but I didn't know just how much until they took it out. I had the permanent on put in last Tuesday.
I look into all 3 of them on the market that I could find and I liked the Boston Scientific the best. With luck that's the one my pain doctor likes to use also.
Putting it in is painful. But so were the shots, and the burning. My doctor is very good about not wanting me to feel pain so he did do the best he could about numbing me. He gave me pain pills to help afterwards. The first night was rough just like with any surgery. I have do have discomfort at both sights, but it's only been a week. I turn my unit on while I'm laying down. It's working very good so far. I go back to the doctor tomorrow to check everything out and have it fine tuned some.
After everything I've gone through so far with my back pain this seems to help.
What implant are you having put in?
Good luck.
Mary
dhigley is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rrae (09-26-2011)