View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 12:36 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplaura View Post
Welcome to NeuroTalk whoopdedeaux

This bugs me... why is there a deadline on your choice of a medication? MS isn't going anywhere!

A deadline on a medication choice would set off a HUGE red flag of warning for me! He trying to get your $$$ added in for Quarter 4's results?
Wow - dmplaura and Sally - you both give me a lot to think about...which is exactly why I decided to register and use this site. Thank you very, very much.

Sally - first of all, I'm such a newbie that I didn't know what LDN was when I read your reply. After googling, I see that it's Low Dose Naltrexone. I was given five drugs to consider by the Neuro and that wasn't one of them, but I did locate info on it myself and added it to my consideration list on my own last week. I will go back and study it in more detail now.

dmplaura - this is my first visit with any Neuro and all I can say is - if I was giving a party and selecting a guest list for warmth, fun and cameradity, she wouldn't get invited...

I believe the deadline of 9/23 is simply based on the fact that the date is my next appointment with her and she insists that some medication is absolutely necessary ASAP. I have a lot of questions about that: 1) I am a heart patient 2) I am a type 2 diabetic 3) I've been coasting along on no meds at all since my "probable MS" dx on 3/2007 - what's the rush now? I want to make sure that the potential side effects of any one drug will not make either of my other two conditions worse, and I didn't get the feeling that she was listening to me about that issue.

Your comments cut right to the heart of it, though. I think I may need to take my time about finding the right Neurologist for me as well as the right course of treatment.

Thanks to both of you ladies - I really appreciate your wise guidance.
whoopdedeaux is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
daisy.girl (08-23-2011), dmplaura (08-23-2011), SallyC (08-23-2011)