View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 06:48 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default atypical odontalgia

I am a 21 years old woman who seems to encounter what so called "atypical odontalgia". It happens two years ago when I was in the age of 19. I had my teeth pulled out for teeth ortho but it was in the age of 12 so I do not think it is the reason causing my pain.

It is a consistent,tight, dull gum pain in my lower left side of the teeth, and the pain seems to move around. It's not sharp but it really annoys me. I went to the dentist several time but the exams did not show anything wrong. I also took anti-depression pill but now I quit.

I complained this to my parents before but now I endure this by myself because I don't want my parents to worry my condition.

But to be honest I feel anxious and depressed because of this.Because I can't focus on my work and I start to lose my interest. I just hope it can go away.

I am a bit mentally obsession. And I feel embarrassed saying this out because it is not a very common disease...also... from the internet it seems my age is not very common for the disease.

I hope someone can comfort my anxiety and find out a solution for me...that will be really a big help.
Also I hope those who suffer the same problem as me can recover soon!!
caannn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote