View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 09:00 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have had terrible insomnia from the beginning. I tried sleep aids, natural stuff (like melatonin) and the majority of which didn't really seem to help. I went to a sleep psychologist who recommended proper sleep hygiene. I've seen it mentioned on these forums too but you wouldn't believe how vital it is.

One of the things that I do is, restrict my time to about 8 hours or so. I keep this same schedule every night. Also, don't watch TV in bed or do activities that stimulate your brain. I used to do that and I think my brain developed a habit of being stimulated in bed which made it difficult to sleep.

Another thing you could do, is actually restrict your sleep even more instead of 8 hours you could try 7 1/2. It'll build up sleep pressure which will help you fall asleep faster and sleep deeper.

This are just some suggestions. I still struggle with getting good sleep, but I still struggle with only getting "naps" throughout the night. Currently trying to figure out what else might be contributing to my lack of sleep and things I can do to improve it. Mark is right, it is a job, and it's different for each person.
Jingles1987 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote