View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 09:35 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I may not be exercising for awhile.

Hurt my knee a little bit a month or two ago. I thought it was healed. (kind of thought I strained it or something kicking while swimming)

My aunt thinks that I might have torn my meniscus. (aunt is a nurse practitioner)

My knee started hurting again a little bit last week. It kept feeling more and more sore over the weekend. Yesterday morning, I was climbing up the stairs to go talk to my dad, and I felt something pop in my knee. Didnt think anything of it at the time, and after I was done talking to my dad. I went back to bed. (it was 5am, I'd been up most of the night because of a bad storm)

I woke up around 11am yesterday with my knee really hurting. It kept waking me up. I was trying to catch up on some sleep that I missed, but it wasnt happening. As yesterday wore on, my knee hurt more and more. Last night when my aunt came outside to sit with us in our front yard (she lives across the street) I was sitting there pretty much crying and trying not to scream from the pain. She asked what was going on. I told her. She looked at my knee and said that it sounds like a torn meniscus.

She went home and got me some EdemaWear. Which is a special sock that doesnt have toes or a foot in it. It compresses your leg (or your arm, or torso...whichever part of your body that needs compression) and helps relieve swelling. The hospital that she works at is where the stuff was developed. She was one of the people who helped research the EdemaWear and she swears by this stuff. Said they use this for all sorts of things on the floor she works on when patients have swelling in their extremities. (she also tore her meniscus a few years ago, and used this for the swelling in her knee) She came back over and showed me how to put on the EdemaWear.

It helped the swelling some. Didnt help all the pain, but since some of the swelling went down, it's not making me cry as much. Before she put the EdemaWear on me, I couldnt bend my knee very much without screaming. It hurt so bad last night.

I'm pretty ticked off about this. I want to go walk at the gym. It just hurts waaaay too much, and now I need to go to a doctor and get my knee checked out and probably get some physical therapy for it now. (trying to avoid surgery if I can). I'm really really mad about this.

It still hurt enough last night that I didnt sleep well. Our new cleaning lady got here this morning at 830am, so now I cant go back to bed because of the noise. I feel sick from the pain in my knee this morning. At least I can walk on it with the swelling under control from the EdemaWear. (the EdemaWear is so unattractive looking)

Guess I'm going to go call my doctor now. Then I'm going to go take some ibuprofen and cry.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (08-23-2011)