View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 05:25 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Ok, went to the doctor today. (well, the PA) and she checked out my knee, took a couple of pictures.

She doesnt think the meniscus is torn. She thinks it's inflamed tho for some reason. The PA liked the idea of the EdemaWear sock, told me to keep using that, and she wrapped my knee up in an ACE bandage (which promptly fell off as soon as I left the building)

I went and got another EdemaWear sock that's a bit bigger to go over my knee. The PA said I could put an EdemaWear sock over my knee and that might be just as good as an ACE bandage. She did say that I should rest today and use ice. (so I'm RICE-ing my knee. Got my ice, a foot stool to elevate things and I'm going to sit and crochet for a bit)

She thought that I could try walking on the treadmill later this week (thursday or friday) and to do about 15 or less at a low speed on the treadmill if my knee can stand it. PA said that if it's still bad by saturday to call her on monday and she'd get me some physical therapy for the knee. Told me to be really careful, since she didnt want the meniscus to tear if I over use it or if I turn and twist it too quickly.

I'm just glad that she was pretty sure it wasnt torn yet. But this makes me wonder. If it hurt this bad and was just inflamed/sprained, then I dont want to know how painful a torn meniscus actually is. I was crying from the pain. (about to start crying now. Leg hurts) so I guess if it were torn, I'd either be unconscious from the pain or screaming all sorts of swear words.

Really relieved now. I get to keep using the treadmill and exercising. The PA was happy to hear I'd been exercising and that I wanted to keep doing it. Hope my knee is better this weekend and that I wont have to go back to the PA for anything else knee-related. I was panicked that I was going to have to have surgery or that they'd tell me to stop using the treadmill. I actually really like walking on that. It would suck to give it up.

Yay for ice cubes. Gonna go chill my kneecap now.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (08-23-2011), dmplaura (08-23-2011), SallyC (08-23-2011)