View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 11:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Trudi,

I took that as an arbitrary figure, not 2525 as a factual end of when SS runs out of money. I saw similar suggestions in a recent AARP aritcle on SS about some easy fixes.....seems like a no brainer to me, but who knows when politicians in charge will agree to make the NEEDED (IMHO) changes.

I think your posts mixes and matches SS and SSDI. Mz M's post was strictly about SSDI. I agree with the gist of her post, that the problems with SSDI will be harder to fix.

As an aside, about the men vs women aspect......it does show that men who collect made more while working than the women who collect. Is that for SSDI or SS ? Either way, I don't find that surprising. I do hope that we will see that change in coming years as more women who worked full time start collecting. Well, that sounds a little strange......obviously, I don't hope more women get disabled.....just saying that my rate would be close to my husband's rate IF he became disabled because I worked FT at a decently paying job for most of my life (I did cut back for a few years when my kids were younger). The previous generation of women frequently didn't work at all during their kids' upbringing, so obviously their lifetime average earnings would be much less than their spouses.

I have seen the more men than women collect stat before. I wonder if that is impacted by the fact that most veterans are men......if the US military says you are disabled it should be difficult for another branch of the government to claim that you are not. Many men may also have had more physically demanding jobs that contributed to their disability.

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mz Migraine (08-24-2011)