View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 03:51 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Exclamation Epidural

I have left side herniations on the C5/6/7/8, right side TOS primary.
I had a severe symptom of cervogenic headaches 24/7. A knot at the base of my skull. The neuro diagx TOS, I had an EMG also, and the brachial nerve stretch injury. The brachial nerves bundle travel from teh cervical spine, C5/6/7/8 t/1; they leave the spine travel across the area in the trapizus, behind the collar bone and infront of the first rib, down the arm and into the hands and fingers. Along way to travel for one long nerve cell, about three feet.

Anywhere along there can be a compression or impingement, or sick nerve...ie)injured. Any injury to the nerve can cause multiple level symptoms. Ex: the shoulder, the elbow, wriste. The whole nerve is sick, sick nerves do not heal if injured severely they can have less compression, remove the compression, or alter the path, as in ulnar nerve surgery.

But, my point is that I had cervical ESI at the C5, the doctor aimed the injection to cover my knot in the skull, traps and arms. I had a fluoroscope used, I did not take anesthsia, except the local. But when I went in I had a flare in the headache, severe, it was coming up from the spot that felt like a butcher knife in my back...into the skull.
After the injection, immediately I had relief! I had previous injections that helped the arm pain and hand, but this one covered so much more and I never had that 24/7 pain again. No ER visits, no days in bed, a life back. Another police officer in an accident as had the same injection, places similarly and he had great help too.

I felt like I was blowing up like a balloon, lots of pressure no pain, but if I get another one if I need it, I will ask for versed or something. It was the discomfort, not pain that bothered me. I also have these for the lumbar too.
I never needed another cervical one since this last one a few years ago.

So while getting them for a herniation, I actually had better nerve pain relief of the TOS from them. The nerves really calmed down. I have tuned up with trigger points in the myofascial trigger points in trap and rhomboid areas, Oh, and lumbar. BUT, ESI was the best, not the first, the second one better, by the third I was kicking the worse symptoms I had.

The doctor used depo medrol and I needed a driver.
Many doctors order the ESI for cervical diagx, but for TOS I found the greatest relief.
Di

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote