Thread: Help! Please!
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 05:15 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Yes

I was on the long acting ms contin. Pretty much the same thing as long acting oxy. I wasnt on the amount she is taking by a long shot, only 120 mgs a day. I started at only 60 mg a day, but as time went by , and my body learned to tolerate the drug the dose increased.

By the amount you stated she takes I would think she also knows of this. The amount she is taking is pretty dangerous, and as was mentioned there is no pain med that totally covers this pain, at least not one I have tried. Now with that said, the dose I was on would reduce the amount of pain I was in. Thus giving me more quality of life then without the med.

In December my doctor decided she did not want to continue accepting my insurance, gave me 30 days of the pain med, and said CYA! Well I couldnt find another doctor, and then the insurance cut me off, which I am fighting.

Anyways, in January of this year I ran out. I am here to tell you that I thought I was gonna die. The withdrawals are terrible! So if they cut her dose in half, oh man is she gonna hurt! But, it does get better in time, and if she is getting the pain pump then they will actually not want her on the dose you mentioned. If my memory serves me correctly, they will not want her on any type of long acting opoids. Probably only a break through faster acting, lower dose type.

I would think that in 3 to 5 days she would be getting used to the new lower dose they have her on. If I was the parents I would back the doctors there 100% in getting her dose down. Especially when she is going for the pump, that is awesome. I truly hope the pump works for her, I am too scared to try anything invasive like that because of what you stated earlier. Every time the doctors stick me, or cut on me, the RSD gets worse. No exceptions. So I would rather fight the pain with meds, and have some relief, then to mess around and have it spread before it would naturally.

Although I do understand the insanity of this pain all to well, and know that it drives people right out of their minds with its relentlessness. Sometimes I wish I could just project a 10th of it on my doctors while I am in their presence.

I will be keeping all of ya in my prayers

Gone Squatchin
allentgamer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote