View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 03:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Trial done and a success!!

Thanks Rae, Mark and Jackiey for your kind posts!
I had the trial leads removed yesterday, it was nice to get them out of my back but I am missing the stimulator!!
It took a while for them to be able to get the stimulation all the way down into my foot, and in the end I had stimulation down both legs and both feet - which isn't a problem
It has definatly helped with the pain - by about 30% and maybe even 40% at its very best during the night. The swelling and colour and tempreture changes which happen numerous times a day on a 'normal' day almost stopped which was great! I had the trial for a week, and the last three nights with the stimulator were some of the best nights sleep I have had in 18 years!!
I was lucky and didn't get an infection (well not in my back anyway - I got a tooth infection on Friday and right side of my face blew up to about three times its normal size - but hey hoo!!! )
I am now on the wiaitng list and they hope to operate end of November or the beginning of December - sooner the better although I am a bit nervous

I'm going to write down a whole load of questions I have and go back and ask them before the surgery. I believe I may have to have the battery changed every 2 - 3 years which I guess could be a further 20 operations if I live another 40 years!!

Just wanted to say thanks for all your support and any words of wisdom are greatfully received, I don't actually know anyone or have never met anyone with a spinal cord stimulator so I have really gained alot from reading all your stories.

Thanks again,
Rachel
Rachel4444 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (08-25-2011), Rrae (08-25-2011), Sophie_ (08-25-2011)