View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 03:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Nevro scs in ireland

Hi Jenna,
My name is Niamh, i'm 22 from Clare! I have rsd in all four limbs...five years now! I had 2 seperate boston scientific scs systems installed in 2005 for both arms and legs. This worked brilliantly and gave me enough relief that i was able to get back up walking again and regain little bit of normality i suppose. Unfortunately, the scs is failing to cover my left foot at present and as hard as they've tried to fiddle with it, it doesn't seem to be doing what it should. After my consult with my dr yesterday, they told me they want to insert this Nevro SCS. and they have booked me in for next thursday. I said yes at the time because they kind of took me off guard. But the more I think about it., the more hesitations I have.
Are you aware as to whether they can carry out the trial period whilst my present stimulators are in situ or does that have to be removed at that time? I am just worried that if they take out this stimulator to insert the trial NEVRO, that i will have nothing to fall back on if it doesn't work for me. At least at present a very small bit of my pain is covered. I am worried that if it fails I will end up back to where i was in 2005!
I would really appreciate your advice as, as far as i understand, you had the medtronic scs before nevro? i may have my facts a bit wrong on that though!
Any advice would help.
Thanks jenna,
Niamh.
Niamhredd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (08-24-2011), Rrae (08-25-2011)