View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 04:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by crgravitt View Post
My first appointment to begin working on the things that challenge me is tomorrow. I hope it will be more than just "use a notepad to jot down your to do list" and would love feedback from anyone who may have gone this route.
crgravitt,

I went to a neuropsychologist first, to be evaluated thru testing to see what was lacking - seems like my short term memory scoring was very low compared to everthing else, and second for follow-up work to improve what was lacking.

What was done was lots of audio based lessons where I worked with first remembering and recalling numbers, then groups of numbers, then the challenge went up from there to recalling groups of numbers with background noise or distraction, to then performing math computations in my head then using the result in the next set of calculations.

Tough for me, but it helps, plus advise on mindfullness meditation which brings my attention to better focus. I've noticed improvement and I look for similar type exercises.

If you were evaluated, I'd think they would tailor the therapy for what specifically you need.

Good luck!
PCS Mikey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote