View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 05:38 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Welcome to NT. I feel for you. My mother took a Tee shot square between the eye brows. She looked like a raccoon for quite some time. She looked out from behind a tree to see if the other golfer had teed off. Bammmmmm

Even the biggest proponent of exercise at the Buffalo Concussion Clinic suggests waiting six weeks before even getting evaluated for exercise therapy.

I am surprised the sports concussion clinic didn't tell you how your scores compared to the normative data. ImPACT has very little use in prognosticating a recovery.

For the time being, you need good sleep, good nutrition, no toxins (caffeine, MSG, processed soy products, and drugs and alcohol) A single serving of alcohol per day can be tolerated and may help you relax. Lower your stress by limiting the environmental stressors, including visual, auditory, and tactile. Limit stressful cognitive efforts.

Then, let time help your brain heal. Learn to use work-arounds to do ADLs (Activities of Daily Living) to reduce the stress or simply make the task doable. Notes and lists help with memory and anxiety.

Tell us more about your difficulties and we can suggest work-around techniques and other accommodations.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote