View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 08:56 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokenfriend View Post
I think that it has something to do with the Pacific ring of fire that can be googled on Wikipedia. That's where there are many active volcano,earthquake,and tsunami activities.
here's the link, for others curious about this:

Wikipedia: Pacific Ring of Fire

Quote:
The Pacific Ring of Fire (or sometimes just the Ring of Fire) is an area where large numbers of earthquakes and volcanic eruptions occur in the basin of the Pacific Ocean. In a 40,000 km (25,000 mi) horseshoe shape, it is associated with a nearly continuous series of oceanic trenches, volcanic arcs, and volcanic belts and/or plate movements. The Ring of Fire has 452 volcanoes and is home to over 75% of the world's active and dormant volcanoes.[1] It is sometimes called the circum-Pacific belt or the circum-Pacific seismic belt.
Eruption of Mount St. Helens on July 22, 1980.

About 90% of the world's earthquakes and 80% of the world's largest earthquakes occur along the Ring of Fire.
Quote:
It makes me wonder in fascination what is one mile below me,and on,and on. If I didn't have mental health issues,I could have be a scientist. I love science. BF
yeah... if not that ancient fault... then what... i even looked at the world plate map and there aren't separate plates on the eastern areas...

you would have made a great scientist, Steve

~ waves ~
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (08-24-2011), BlueCarGal (08-24-2011), Brokenfriend (08-24-2011), Dmom3005 (08-25-2011)