View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 01:16 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseNancy View Post
i'm not sure your leg infection has anything to do with MS.
DO NOT stop taking your antibx before the end of the course. the infection could come back or flare up and cause a worse infection than you originally had.

i'm surprised they didn't give you IV meds, at least to start.
please watch your legs carefully to make sure this is getting and staying under control.

also, i wonder if a dermatologist could help you keep your skin in better condition so you don't have dry and breaking down skin that could allow bacteria to enter.

also, it might be good for you to try and keep your legs elevated. that's better for edema, swelling and might help keep better circulation in your legs.

please let us know how you're doing.

Judy.....No, the cellulitis wasn't directly from the MS, but the swollen, immobile legs are. This makes it really difficult for me to reach down to put lotion/cream on my legs/feet. My friends have been doing it once a week for me and that even makes a noticeable improvement.

I'm still taking the antibiotics. They leave a horrible aftertaste! Yuck They're gigantic capsules so have to make sure they're aimed the right way to go down easier with lots of water.

Yes, I try to elevate them when possible. Thank you so much for your concern and ideas. The more I can learn about this whole mess, the better.

.....Judy
SPMS -- FIBROMYALGIA -- Ouch! and Ouch!
Judy2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (08-25-2011), SallyC (08-25-2011)