View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 01:41 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I am brand new here and certainly don't have any 'street cred' yet, but I spotted your message and I can certainly tell that you are worried and concerned about your daughter and what to do next.

There are many here who know much more about the details than I do, but I personally hope you do not "just forget about it" - follow your instincts.

I had an MRI in 2007 for some long-lost reason and the results came back stating a lot of medical mumbo-jumbo with the phrase DAWSON'S FINGERS right in the middle. The doctor immediately referred me to a neurologist who told me to just wait and see - much like what your doctor has told you. I took that advice since I was dealing with two other health conditions and I didn't know any better.

I now have my confirmed dx after 4 years and numerous episodes of cognitive disfunction and other various MS-related problems. I personally regret not finding a Neurologist specializing in MS and pursuing the dx more aggressively. I find it easy to handle knowing what I have - NOT knowing and having to wonder about every little hiccup in my health has been much more depressing than finding a label for what's wrong and being able to do something about it.

Good luck to you and your daughter in whatever you decide. In all likelihood, the doctor you have now is 100% correct and there is nothing to worry about, but wouldn't you feel better getting a second opinion about that, too?
whoopdedeaux is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (08-25-2011), Lady (08-25-2011), SallyC (08-25-2011), viseeu (08-25-2011)