View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 06:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi ... and welcome to forum!

Many of your symptoms sound MG .. and the ones like pain and general fatigue could be secondary. They can happen because we try to keep going and 'push though' the MG impact. This can result in overused muscles (ie. the ones that worked too hard when the others were weak) causing pain/soreness. The general fatigue can be just plain exhaustion from trying twice as hard to get half as much done!!

But be very careful re: the breathing issues. This needs to be addressed - when breathing is involved it can get dangerous.

Yes, it is possible to have (and be dx'd) with MG when all the classic indicators don't show up to be measured. I am seroneg and borderline pass on SFEMG ... but I take 30mg of Mestinon every 3 hours to get through a 'do nothing' day ... and more on an active day! And it took an 'enlightened' neuro to dx me without the 'standard' test profile. (My second by the way....the first was definitely NOT enlightened!!)

Are you working with a neuro now? Have you had a CT scan of your thymus? Have you had any 'tests' - like a trial dose of Mestinon under supervision or a tensilon test? Did your blood work include a full thyroid panel, B12, and Vit D work up? Does anyone know about your breathing difficulties?

You may have to be quite persistent to get a diagnosis. Any you may have to go through a few docs along the way. But don't stop! If it is MG, there are things that can help.

Pls keep us posted with your progress...and always feel free to ask the forum whatever questions you may have. There are lots of more experienced folks than me here who are super knowledgeable.
suev is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote