View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 06:46 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I am just sick of it. I used to have a large circle of friends, and its been ME that whittled it down to a much smaller circle, and then a few jumped out when they became busy or found dealing with "old unreliable" became a burden for them. I have some really nice friends, I do, but my social circle is quite large and active. I go out of my way to make sure that others are cared about, and listened to, but when folks see me with bright red eyes (like a rabbit) tears running down my face from irritation, and im clearly exhausted, they think nothing of sticking out their laptop and saying "could you take a quick look?" when I say I cant see well enough to watch TV, they say "oh its only going to take a quick second." and they launch into their story "you see that icon? well...UGH!!!!

So, sadly I have been cutting off 99% of my customers, and shifting them to a very nice many who is in the big city. He CHARGES! He will come to your house, but you will pay for it. My richie rich neighbor used to think nothing of dragging her laptop down here with 30 questions, till I said NO MORE! I cant see what is written on your small screen, your operating system is way out of date, and you never do the things I tell you for maintenance of this machine, so im sorry, but if you need help, even a quick question call shawn, and handed her his card"

Our phone rings constantly. Folks dont say "how are you?" or "I saw you in town, and you looked like you are struggling" or "we never see you anymore, you must be feeling badly" They immediatly launch into their own story, and then "whatcha doing on Thursday?" you think "oh! they want to invite me out! I would love to get out of here. and they say "I could really use a hand with this boat, or this car or this garden, or I am not feeling well, and want your advice on mixing up herbal remedies...." UGH!!!!! I am a RETIRED nurse! I am a RETIRED computer repair girl. I am a RETIRED herbologist. Yes, I was raised on a reservation and we do herbal meds, not traditional meds, but its been YEARS since I visited that land, let alone sat as the healer of it.

So, I think I am going to change my phone #. Folks are not hearing me, and its just turning out in droves to ask me to take care of them. Im not able. Folks want me to fix stuff that THEY broke. FOR FREE!

im singing to the choir. Thanks for understanding.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DVORA65 (09-04-2011), GIGI69 (08-28-2011), Jodylee (08-26-2011), nemsmom (09-16-2011), NeuroNixed Craig (08-26-2011), TwoKidsTwoCats (08-25-2011)