View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 07:00 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I am sorry to say it, but I think MOST people are intrinsically selfish. Because they can't necessarily see your problem, then they discount it and return their focus to themselves.

They can't see it, they can't feel it, it doesn't change anything in their lives so it doesn't compute.

Even my nearest and dearest seem to tune out if the subject of MS or how I am feeling comes up - and if it does come up, it comes from me when I am feeling bad.

I don't whine often, but when I do, I need to be listened to. When I talk about the future or about the new meds for MS it almost seems like my husband is making 'appropriate' listening noises and is not really interested in my fears and feelings.

I believe that this is not because he doesn't care - he just doesn't want to disturb the vision of the future he wants to live in.

Just my thoughts. For what it's worth, the effort of trying to change things seems too big.

It seems that it is just human nature.

Lyn
Lynn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (08-25-2011), DVORA65 (09-04-2011), Jodylee (08-26-2011), nemsmom (09-16-2011), NeuroNixed Craig (08-26-2011), TwoKidsTwoCats (08-25-2011)