View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 07:56 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIGI69 View Post
I was supposed to have my MRI today but the doctor didn't send the orders over until yesterday. I saw him on Friday. My insurance won't approve the test until tomorrow so we are trying to find another time.

I know some of you will think this is stupid but I'm having a "tightening" over the entire right side of my face. I'm not beautiful but I always get compliments on my smile. I can't smile. It makes me so sad.....sorry....just had to vent.
Awwww sweetie I got a chill reading this 'symptom'. I had the exact same thing happen back in 2007. My right eye started to 'twitch', then my cheek around my nose on the right as well... then I noticed my mouth was being pulled 'up' in a crooked permanent smile on that side, like it was being pinched.

I saw a neurologist who fluffed me off telling me I was stressed. I was miserable, fearing that my face would remain as such for life, crooked and bent. I suspected Bells Palsy too, but again I asked the question "Wouldn't it be drooping??".

I never did find out what had called the face pinch, and it eventually subsided on its own.. I haven't had a recurrence since that couple months of face twitching/pinch into a half perma-smile.

To be honest .. it was more noticeable to me than anyone else, so my best suggestion is to keep at those docs for answers, treatment, and to remember you're beautiful inside and out. I'm praying for you that this symptom will subside quickly for you.
05/2008 - Relapse
05/2008 to 02/2009 - Copaxone
10/2011 - Relapse - Optic Neuritis developed
9/2012 - Relapse - Balance issues 1 sided
8/2012 - Erythema Nodosum - diagnosed 10/2012, reaction to Topiramate (Topamax)
April 7/14 - Raynaud's Syndrome DX
dmplaura is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
GIGI69 (08-26-2011), Lady (08-31-2011), SallyC (08-26-2011)