View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 03:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chroma View Post
olecyn, thank you very much!
I'm seeing Dr. Gelabert. He schedules 30 minutes for the first appointment. He goes over your history and your tests (assuming you've already had an MRI/MRA and nerve testing elsewhere) and also does a physical examination. I was seen at my actual appointment time and didn't have to wait! All of the staff was very nice and courteous. My appointment did not feel rushed and he answered whatever questions I had. He seemed very competent and I felt at ease with him. We talked about conservative treatment (PT, posture changes, lifestyle changes) and also the next steps as needed (scalene injections). Surgery was discussed but he's very conservative and wants to exhaust all other options before surgery.

I forgot to ask him something and emailed him the next day and he replied within ten minutes! I emailed back again and he responded quickly as well.

Also, it took over a month to schedule the first appointment so have patience if you want to see him. Dr. Gelabert is generally only in the office on Wednesdays. All other days he's in surgery! I hope to only see him on a Wednesday
Shadow1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (08-28-2011), chroma (08-26-2011)