View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 04:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks Dejibo and thank you all for the prayers.

DH was in pain and biting, snapping, sniping, growling at everyone and everything after we got up to see him in ICU... said it was MUCH more painful than the left side and his nurse was dismissive of his pain; she called the doc while I was there and he got both pills and IV pain meds, so dear friend and I left; we are going back for 5pm visit and hope he is better shape.

The doc told me when he called after surgery that what he found when he opened the vein was "nasty"... much worse than expected so I'm thankful that we had this done right away and that the doc feels he will feel better after this initial shock of the pain and surgery passes.

now... Please God let him be able to come home tomorrow cause I think he will end up in the psyche ward or doing damage to himself if they try to keep him

Update: called hospital cause honestly I feel so wrung out still didn't think I could make the 25 mile drive back to the hospital and it is over 100° heat index...
good news--the pain meds are working and he is much calmer, not sniping at folks and drifting in and out of sleep. getting meds every 2 hours and... omg even though it is in his record--CLEARLY FLAGGED... that anesthesia = inability to urinate = put in catheter, he arrive in ICU with no cath, so they put one in and he got relief from that.

gonna wait now and call at 6am to see if doc removed his drain (which they said is beginning to clear some) and see if he is off the nitro drip for his BP, and hopefully get a time frame to pick him up.

thanks again for your kind thoughts and prayers~

first flare 7/22/2000
Dx 8/3/2000 RRMS-- no relapses since
Betaseron 11/15/2000
Didn't miss a single injection the first 8 years. Now take about 6 shots off a year

Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.
Hyman Rickover, "The World of the Uneducated", "The Saturday Evening Post", November 28, 1959

Last edited by viseeu; 08-25-2011 at 05:01 PM. Reason: UpDate:::
viseeu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hollym (08-30-2011), Jodylee (08-25-2011), Kitty (08-26-2011), Koala77 (08-26-2011), SallyC (08-25-2011)