Thread: migraines
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 09:25 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Migraine

Had my 6 monthly Neurologist appointment today.

I raised the issue of the prominent non-motor systems that I suffer from - fatigue, IBS, migraines, PVC's. In fact these are the issues that really restrict my life as my motor problems (limping, shuffling, stiff painful kneck, poor balance are pretty well controlled by my medication).

His view was that these are a much under researched aspect of PD, with very little published and that there were signs that more consideration was being given to these PD issues at last.

I get on average two migraines a week so it is a very serious issue for me and he is going to try me on some different migraine pills.

I cannot see that any of my non motor symptoms are link (ie if I am very fatigued it does not mean I will get a migraine).

I also periodically have low BP (95/58 typically) but again the timing is not particularly linked to my fatigue or migraine episodes. Although I am fairly sure there is a link between the Amantadine I take and low BP.

PD just seems to come with a wide and exotic mix of both motor (much reported) and non motor (little reported) symptoms which all need addressing.

There is clearly a lot more to the management of PD than Dopamine boosting (eg Levodopa) or mimicking (eg Agonists) drugs.

Chris
Suffolkchris is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote