View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 06:04 PM
kittycapucine1974

kittycapucine1974

Default RSD & suicide, despair, sadness

Hi, everybody:

On August 25, 2001, I was a pedestrian struck and injured by a car while crossing the street on a crosswalk. The car's bumper hit my left knee; I rolled on the car's hood; I hit the car's windshield, which was pushed in the shape of my head; and I was thrown 40 feet in the air. I woke up on the street, lying in a pool of blood.

First, I had RSD (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy) in my left knee. Then my RSD moved into my whole body. RSD causes severe chronic pain and other symptoms, such as:
-electrical discharges going up my spinal cord all the way to my brain (my head then bobs up and down),
-feelings of icy cold (like liquid nitrogen) running through my veins and arteries, making me shake real bad and giving me cold hands,
-feelings of insects crawling through my veins and arteries (creepy crawlies) in the torso area,
-migraine headaches,
-stomach and intestinal pain and cramps,
-blurry, dried eyes,
-poor appetite with frequent nausea,
-etc.

I have trouble accepting I have full body RSD with its pain and all other symptoms.

Results:

1) I do not have the desire to live anymore.

2) I feel desperate and sad.

3) I cannot even be a good mother for my adopted two-year-old baby boy.

4) I do not enjoy the activities I used to enjoy (sky diving, water skiing, horseback riding, rock climbing, reading, etc.)

5) I feel unloved, lonely, and rejected.

My family hates me for multiple reasons (too long to list here). I have no friends in real life. My coworkers do not care about me.

I take medications for my RSD (Duragesic, MSIR, Tambocor, Inderal, Relpax, Keppra, Klonopin, Tylenol, etc.)

I saw so many psychiatrists I lost count. I do not get along with them for several reasons:

1) They do not believe I have RSD and severe chronic pain, even though it was diagnosed by:
-Emergency Room physicians,
-Primary care doctors,
-Physical medicine & rehabilitation physicians,
-Orthopedic surgeons,
-Pain management doctors,
-Neurologists, and
-Radiologists.

2) They treat me like a druggie, even though my narcotic painkillers are the foundation of my pain treatment, without which everything would come crashing down. This is diffamatory for them to call me a druggie.

3) They treat me like my pain and other symptoms are in my mind.

I tried anti-depressant, anti-anxiety, and anti-stress medications, but they do not work at all, even if they are taken long enough and at maximum dosage.

I am looking for some love, understanding, support, and prayers from those who are able to understand what I am going through.

Thanks for everything.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (08-26-2011), Alffe (08-26-2011), barbo (08-25-2011)