View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 06:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

So much of what you are asking is what I have experienced and continue to live with. I can only answer for me....but here 'tis for what it may be worth.

Yes, I get brain fog...most noticeable after a stressful situation for me. It's like a 'zone out' for me. Doesn't happen every day...or even every week. But it happens enough for me to know it is the MG. Deep breaths, slowing everything down, and a time out can help.

Yes - if I talk too long - - or try to sing to the radio (the length of time has no meaning in minutes...sometimes a few minutes...sometimes not at all - just depends...but I never know on what it depends!!) I get a tightness in my throat and can get tongue tied too! Then of course, there is the inability to hit or hold a note!! My hubby says volume control can be an issue too.

Handwriting? Oh Yeah! there are days when I make out checks I wonder if someone else is signing them!

And yes, there are days when all I want to do is curl up in bed because everything is such an effort (nothing hurts - everything just takes more energy than I have to give).

But there are the good days too. Days when I can get out in the garden, go play some golf, talk a walk, bake cookies. I'm just never sure what kind of day it's going to be when I get out of bed!!

I don't take any supplements besides B12. I try never to take antibiotics...or any over-the counter meds. But that's just me. There is a list of drugs that MG'ers must be careful of and/or avoid on the Muscular Dystrophy (mda.org) site. You have to be careful of novacaine too.

MDA in your area may even help you find a neuro with experience in diagnosing MG. But do pursue this ... and don't be afraid to ask any potential doctor if they currently have or have diagnosed MG patients before you even bother to make the appointment. That may save you some grief!
suev is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote