View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 06:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Frown

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridehard2208 View Post
Hey alex44, First let me thank you for your service to this country! What priority group were you in at the VA Medical Center.

With a large amount of men and women coming back from Iraq & Afghanistan with medical needs they drop lower groups to make room, it's not by choice they just don't have the funds.

However no one Vet or not should get subsrandard treatment or treated with disrespect; the VA Medical center has a patient care office not only to report your lack of respectiful treatment but also has a patient advocate.

I go to a truly wonderful VA Medical Center and have a great medical team, who not only treat me with the utmost respect but also help me physically & mentally toward a better quality of life. And also is the best medical facility I've ever been to!!

Glad you have found a place where you feel you get good treatment with respect!

Good luck!
I know they do their best at our VAMC but I had to go to the ER on Monday because I couldn't get in to see my doctor. I waited for 6 hours before I was seen. WHY because they only had 1 doctor and nurse on duty. Before there were always 2 or 3 doctors on duty. Yet our legislators still get gold standard medical. On top of this all veterans who don't have cancer are being forced off their pain meds. What a great thank you from our country. I feel totally betrayed by my government.
ColoVet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote