View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 06:51 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

In the garden was one of our favorites also. My dad was a preacher, always small churches. Mom was the pianist, there were 5 kids. We were all musical and In the garden has good harmony plus the meaning is so meaningful and meant a lot to the elderly congregation which Dad had a lot of. So we had an instant musical group if Dad thought it was needed. So we sang it a lot. Go forward many years. At this particular time my Dad had been dead quite a few years and I had a wonderful just precious, tender hearted grand daughter. So I am sitting in the choir and we are singing this song. All of a sudden I just started bawling. I had to leave the choir loft, quite embaressed to say the least. But in my solitude it allowed me to reflect as to what was wrong. I was all about that my Dad would never be able to se this precious girl. Dad loved children, love to have them on his lap, put his hair in curlers if that was what they wanted to do, loved to be invited to thier tea parties. Mom was director of a Day care and he was the day cares Grandpa, these kids were inner city kids.

Another song that was important to me was 'More'. My husband always sang it to me when we were dating. I tried to get him to sing it at our wedding but he wouldn't.

Another one is 'Will you marry me Bill?". Or at least I think that's the name! I dated a guy named Bill during nursing school and I never thought he would ask me to marry him. So one night after a wonderful romantic date I came back to the dorm and that song was playing on the radio. My closet had sliding doors on it and I slid them so they were together and I just put my arms around those two doors and slow danced with them!

doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (08-25-2011), Jodylee (08-26-2011), Kitt (08-25-2011), Kitty (08-25-2011), SallyC (08-25-2011)