View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 08:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by spine95 View Post
I hit the roof when the local VA hospital gave my father, a WW II vet, a hard time over needing to write an oral chemo script. It was outrageously expensive and his Medicare and supplement would not cover it. VA would. It was hard enough that he had to endure a major cancer scare and surgery. He didn't need the VA run around. The oncologist that he saw said he was tired of writing chemo scripts for patients who had their surgery in a civilian hospital. I told him if he couldn't network with doctors outside the VA system, our congressman (friend of the family) would help him find Dad one that could. We left with a script and an arrangement for him to see a VA oncologist q 12 months. I still wrote and called everyone and their dog about the treatment. If I had not been with him, he would have gone home empty handed.
According to one lady I saw at the VA ER, they are now running death panels to decide if they should treat your cancer or let you die. She was outraged when her husband was dx'd and was told that the panel would decide if he would get treatment.

How many veterans are going to die at the hands of their government? And are any of the doctors going to stand up for the vets?

What was once a good medical system is being destroyed by our legislators who act like 2 year olds and the bean counters.
ColoVet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote