View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 08:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Kittens View Post
I wonder if that 80% takes into consideration that many other contries do not require prescriptions for the lower level narcotic painmeds, like vicodin?

I have lost 2 good docs to the feds war on drugs, one packed up and went to a friendlier state, the other just stopped prescribing pain meds at all, only gave a referral to a pain clinic. I have a great GP now. I am on lots of meds and prefer they all be prescribed by one doc so as to monitor interactions.

I am hoping that the climate eases for our pain docs.

Free Kittens
As long as there is a DEA and a government that doesn't give a crap about the people (they think we will all just allow them to do what they want because we haven't done anything in the past) this kind of stuff will continue. We need to band together and start demanding that this cease. That they give up this stupid war on drug and allow us adult to make our own decisions. Anything between consenting adult or done by adults should be legal as long as it doesn't harm anyone ELSE!!

This push to get all veteran off pain meds is about saving money and hoping that we all die so they don't have to use money to treat us.

I think it's time we got the ACLU to do something that might actually get them good press. I've written both out local papers without any luck.

I been given so many different stories by the VA I can hardly keep them straight. First I was told that new studies show that we can die from the meds (like you can't die from pain) and that because a few vet sell their meds they just can't afford to allow us to take them. Then I was told that the orders came from the top. Then I was told that they looked at the amount of pain meds being given at the VA and decided they were excessive. I don't guess that it occurred to them that maybe when you send soldiers to war that alot of painful injuries are the result. You know that if it was a congressman or senator who was in pain he/she would get what ever they needed no questions asked.

I'd like to hear what other vets have to say about this issue. Is this happening in other VAMC's and if so what are you being told?
ColoVet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote