View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 09:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimking View Post
"Could be reviewed" My hunch is (I could very well be wrong) is she told you the decision without telling you. If she said "this may have to go to a quality review" means (I think) that you've got a positive judgement, however a review of this positive judgment may have to take place. I say this because if you are denied (which is common the first go round) there would never be a quality review in the first place, only reviews of positive judgements take place. The other thing I see in this is if it does go for a review this may hold up the process for a while, so the case worker is also telling you to be patient. When my wife got a positive judgement her lawyer stated that there is a slight chance that the judgment may go in for a review. Her advise was not worry about it at all. Reviews are common in SS cases, I wouldn't worry about it or take it personal.

Others, please chime in if there is important info I'm missing.
ballerina,

jimking gave you all the best advise. All I can add is I also was denied the first time, without an attorney and then approved on the second request with an attorney. The whole process took almost 2 years and my medical records where over 2500 pages and it was a certified copy of my medical and still got denied the first time, so it's definitly not unusual.

Good Luck,

gabbycakes
gabbycakes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote