Thread: Update on DS
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 07:04 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Son came home from work last night a bit early, seemed down. Ate dinner, showered and then sat and wanted to watch a movie with me, instead of going out. I pulled up a chair beside him and asked what happened.

He made friends with a local (semi local) girl. When he explained to me where she lived I explained that I didnt want to judge her based on her family, but her brothers have a horrible rep are always in trouble with the law, and the family has more than its fair share of trouble. I dont want to push that on your plate, but be careful, because if the law shows up, they will sweep you out the door with her brothers. So, he explained that he took her to get a gas station coffee, and they were sitting on the swings across from her fathers trailor. She seems stumbly and "off" He asked several times if she was ok. She kept saying she was fine. She fell off the swing and when he went to help her up, she REEKED of alcohol, and he saw what could be a "track mark" on her arm. He walked her home, told her to go to bed (she was extremely flirty, and he said NO!") and he would talk to her later. He talked for a while about how disappointed he was, but that he gave her a text message when he got off work to STOP calling him. She texted him 25 times during the work day to say "are you mad at me" and "did I do something wrong" and stuff like that. He said "mom, I just dont need that in my life, and it will do nothing but make trouble for me, so I am sad that I lost a friend today."

So...he IS growing up! Those on FB, dont spill that you know this happened, but he is working hard to pull himself up. He got a full paycheck yesterday and that helped. one more paycheck and he can get that truck he wants. A few more paychecks and his bills will be paid off. (he thought about bankruptcy, but in the end chose to pay them) and altho he is quite bored because we dont go ATV riding or Nascar hunting or do dirty, loud, fast things here, he will survive.

Im just so proud that he didnt try to rescue this girl. He has had a habit of rescue and that ALWAYS leads him to forgoe his dreams, and his goals to pick someone else up. That must have been so hard for him. Way to go Matt!

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (08-26-2011), hollym (08-29-2011), Jodylee (08-26-2011), Kitty (08-26-2011), legzzalot (08-26-2011), SallyC (08-26-2011)