View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 08:11 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Decisions Decisions

After 3 days of fighting the uti and the now confirmed kidney infection and the withdrawals of opiates....

My doc has decided to put me back on the pain meds. He agrees that I should be able to make the choice to come off of them again and I should not have to go through this all over again...BUT...

They cannot tell if the cold sweats and exploding stomach and chills and hysteria are from the withdrawals or if I am having a reaction to the antibiotics or if they simply aren't working and this infection is getting worse... or if the withdrawals from the opiates are making the infection worse because it is making my whole body revolt.

There is, and I quote "entirely too much happening within your body at this time and your body is not able to handle all of this at once". So I am to go back on the pain meds, wait another two days for my body to readjust and see if the antibiotics can kick the infection. If not, then we are in for an even more aggressive form of antibodies and most likely a hospital visit. I have lost 7 pounds since Monday.

And in the meantime, I get to apply to each and every drug company that prescribes my 13 different meds and ask for financial assistance. Now, i have found a loophole in that 4 of them are available as a generic at the local pharmacy at a much cheaper cost. Oh, but for each prescription, I need to not only contact the comapnies and apply for assistance, I need to get each prescribing doctor to sign off on each form and each med.

I have a stack of paperwork sitting here and trying to get through it. Wish me luck.

I am not spoiled!
legzzalot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (08-26-2011), DVORA65 (08-27-2011), hollym (08-30-2011), SallyC (08-26-2011), Vonn07 (08-28-2011)