View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 05:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Abby;

Be aware of the profit motive with infusion centers. I have been getting infusions for 2 1/2 years and I am with my 3rd center. IGIV's are one of their most profitable.

The first one only offered water so I brought something to eat. They closed. They were in my Neuro's office and when the Neuro that handled MS patients left there was not enough paitients to keep it open. (Tysabri infusions.)

The second center I quit. They offered coffee, sodas and snacks. They were also getting more and more IG patients. When I started I was the only patient getting IG.

I sleep during my infusions. My second infusion last December seemed to last only 2hrs. and 20 min. In January my first infusion was 3 hrs. ( Normal) The next day, my infusion took 1 hr. and 50 min. I crashed for 5 days and never went back but they were very busy and my nurse was very sloppy that day. While she was poking me she dropped something on the floor and picked it up and continued without changing her glove. From the beginning I never thouht they paid enough attention to sanitry cconditions.

I am back with the first infusion center, (Healix) at another location. They have a formula they use that depends on the amount you are getting if it is not already dictated by your Dr. The amount of Immune globulin you get is based on your weight.

I'm 180 lbs. and I am on the pump now for 4 hrs. now.

So be observant don't forget to pretreat with Benydril and tylenol.

PRETREAT PRETREAT PRETREAT. Good luck:

Tony
scrubbs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote