View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 11:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Has anyone experienced Charles Bonnet Syndrome with MS?

I have been experiencing vivid hallucinations for about a year - I've kept this problem a secret from all of my doctors and my spouse because I've been so concerned about what it might mean. I am fully aware that the visual hallucinations are not real - nevertheless, it's distressing.

I finally got up the courage to start looking for reasons for these hallucinations online and I stumbled across a link to Multiple Sclerosis and Charles Bonnet Syndrome, a condition wherein the patient is not suffering from psychosis, knows that the visions are not real, has visual impairment due to optic neuritis or a lesion on the brain affecting visual accuity. It has been reported in patients suffering from macular degeneration, multiple sclerosis, and a few other conditions. It is nevertheless quite rare.

Well, SNAP! Maybe I'm not crazy. Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, how did you start the discussion with your doctor to try to make certain that you weren't stamped with a Crazy Person sticker immediately?
whoopdedeaux is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (08-27-2011), Lady (08-30-2011), SallyC (08-27-2011)