View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 11:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chroma View Post
Thanks, Shadow1. So are you doing PT? If so, for how long and how is it going? If you don't mind my asking...
Yes, I'm doing PT. It's been two full weeks now of PT, 6 sessions and I really do think it's making a difference as far as neck and chest/clavicle area tightness. My problem is bilateral so I get the same treatment on both sides. During every session, she massages nearly all the muscles around the shoulder, pecs, neck, does some light traction, light stretching, and nerve glides. I do some light theraband exercises and need to focus on not using my scalenes to breathe. I do my exercises 2-3 times a day on my own, usually about 10-15 reps per session of each exercise.

I also asked her advice on a pillow as I was having a hard time finding something that worked for me and would wake up every morning feeling like I was sleeping with my chin to my chest all night. It was a horrible feeling. Anyhow, she had me try the McKenzie cervical pillow which really has helped me keep my head in a good neutral position when I'm sleeping! She gave me the soft one and doesn't recommend the hard version. While it might not work for others, just wanted to pass along that it's helped me and I don't feel as tight in the morning.

Overall I still have symptoms of cold and splotchy hands and some chest/clavicle/neck tightness, I truly do think they are less than when I started a few weeks ago.

While I'm on a good path, of course there are moments when I feel like there's no difference but those are usually times when I'm totally stressed out and feel myself constricting my scalenes with poor posture. But I just try to stay on top of things, paying attention to all the important things (breathing with diaphragm, posture, avoiding certain arm positions, avoiding static positions for long periods of time while at work, etc)
Shadow1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
chroma (08-28-2011)