View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 12:43 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Kitty

"I have the feeling of icy cold running through my veins and arteries, like liquid nitrogen. Do you think I can, in that case, use ice packs? "

Listen to what your body says. You are your own best advocate. What works for some not so much for others.

" I will try your sock and rice technique. Do you know if the rice I put in the sock will get cooked or burned if I use this rice in the microwave several times, even if it is only for a couple of minutes? Or do I have to change rice after each use?"

Use it over and over, discard if it starts to smell.

""For inflammation try ginger tea, made with fresh grated ginger. If you don't like the taste try adding almond milk to it. Tames it down." Since I am not a good cook, do you know how much ginger and how much water I have to use? "

I use a tablespoon to 2 cups water and steep 5 minutes then strain.

"Do the amounts change with almond milk? By the way, is almond milk what is called soyabean's milk?"

No, use same amounts. Use any kind of milk you like, soy, almond, cow are all fine.

Also, when I journalled sometimes I spoke about my dreams of the future. When I had to let go of old dreams I did a sounding board of what my new dreams could be. I drew pictures and cartoons to try to make sad sound funny. Office products sections usually sell small safes that you could put your journals in for about $30. You can also document your meds there and record types of tests, dates, where it was done, etc. I used mine to record Starbucks locations when my Mom died. Little things seem to help.
tied is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (08-27-2011), Alffe (08-27-2011), barbo (08-27-2011), kittycapucine1974 (09-13-2011)