Thread: new to tos
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 09:01 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

[QUOTE=Jo*mar;799132]When you are up to it - possibly listing & describing your symptoms and avg pain level will give us more ideas for things you can do.

Unless you have something specific showing on imaging or tests, I would ask about (if you need a referral) or locate a highly skilled therapist
- maybe locate a few providers that your ins covers and ask for a referral to one of those.

I don't think I would go with the first recommendation of surgery...and only a part of the rib?? - I thought most take the whole rib now so the stump or cut ends doesn't cause problems later on...

My main symptoms are arm pain in the inner part mostly bellow the elbow ans some slightly above. I feel more burning and tightness not numbness. I also have pain in the neck and shoulder (scapula and traps.). In the front part of my chest above and below collar bone it feels tender.

Average pain level is about a 6 but on bad days it is an 8. I'm confused about why some days are better than others. When I went to see the doctor I felt relief that someone believed me but at the same time i don't understand how they can diagnosis TOS on me when all of my tests came back normal? The surgeon was recommending surgery and was saying that physical therapy wouldn't help. I previously have tried pt 3 times but none of the therapist never really knew what they were treating because I never had a diagnosis. I am very confused and I think alot of what I read on line always seems to confuse me anymore. I just feel full of anxiety at his point and not sure what to do. I have seen some many dr.s (neuro, ortho, etc.) who can't find anything wrong with me and this vascular surgeon is the first person to give me an actual diagnosis. I just thought he would be able to give me a rec. for a knowledgeable pt but i was shocked to here about surgery. Again my biggest pain areas is my inner arm but arm problems with ulnar nerve, tendinitis have all been rules out by 3 orthos. Does anyone else have arm pain/ burning/tightness as the major complaint?
Titus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote