Thread: tired and lost
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 10:30 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13daiseys View Post
What I want to know is if anyone knows what I am looking at. Is there treatment for this?
Hi Daiseys,

The questions are sometimes as complicated as the medical problems. There are a few folks here who may be able to help translate the jargon of your MRI reports (I'm sorry I'm not one of them), however, those reports are opinions based on how the diagnostician interprets the images, and they can vary depending on the skill and experience of the person operating the machine. Translation: Opinions can vary.

Treatment is no easier. There are options, but you are on a journey that may take quite some time (or not). The doctors will probably recommend physical therapy first - possibly chiropractic - massage, diet/weight loss (if that's pertinent), pain management (which can include medications, injections, lifestyle changes, other therapies dependent on the doctor/clinic), TENS, some type of implant (either medication or electrical signal) and probably a few other things I'm forgetting at the moment (but I'm sure others will add). Translation: There's a lot of possible treatments to try.

Lastly, and only after you've exhausted everything else, done a lot of research, and gotten several opinions, you may (or may not) consider surgery. This is/should be a last resort because it cannot be undone.

You've found a good place to ask & talk about these things. There's a lot of experience & wisdom reading & writing on these pages. Don't be afraid to ask about things you're told or that you read in other places.

However, we're not doctors here. The most important thing you can do for yourself is to find and establish relationships with a team of doctors and other medical professionals that you can trust and work with.

HTH and Best Wishes,

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
13daiseys (08-30-2011)