View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 04:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Margarite, it sounds as though you've had some seriously bad luck with random head collisions. I truly hope that you've seen the last of them!

I am pretty apprehensive about hitting my head again. When I sustained my concussion, I was rushing around and trying to stick to a hectic weekend schedule (I was late for an appointment). In retrospect, I would have been better off slowing down and taking things one step at a time (less multitasking, more mindfulness / being in the present moment / practicing "non-doing"). I find mindfulness meditation helps me do this to some extent. I also find myself doing mental checks every so often (for example, asking myself, "is this a stable position?" "is doing this a good idea?")

I have yet to decide which activities/sports to give up once I get back into the swing of things (assuming I have a choice). I may well give up certain activities like downhill skiing, as I tend to fall a fair bit. I also like sailing, but there are so many ways to hit your head on a sailboat. My doc says that concussions are relatively common in sailing.
greenfrog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote