Thread: Nerve Pain
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 06:11 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi, and welcome

Yes, there's lots of good information here. Do use the "SEARCH" feature.

If hubby is relating the sharp, shooting pain to PT experience, he may need a new evaluation/MRI to see if there's new issues. Sounds like he got a bad session that's caused nerve "irritation" and I have had that too, with many years of therapy. It's not permanent but certainly painful. It needs treated for what it is, though, and not ignored.

Neurontin, well, it helped my symptoms more than any drug I took, but the side effects were troubling. Too bad for that.
I nver took Lyrica but I hear it is easier to tolerate.

Nerve irritation takes a while to calm down. Maybe light, gentle glides, massages, heat, LED/infrared light pads, time, rest for the irriated nerve once you determine exactly which nerve roots are irritated. There is a specific dermatomal pattern that should tell a good doctor which nerve root it's coming from. It's not screaming pain from nowhere.

We get tired of tweaking ourselves, but tweak-tweak till it helps.

It can get expensive trying different things. I would suggest if you buy things, really try them and if you don't get the desired relief, return it for a refund.

I used 3" balloons in my armpits that helped me a lot. As silly as it sounds, it helped me. I also use pillows and balls to prop my arms up when needed. So you can get relief. Just finding what helps is the biggest challenge.

Driving causes my arms to have nerve irritation. Don't know if he notices that makes his worse, but irritates a lot of us here.

Hope and pray you both find some peace in your day.

(Broken Wings) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote