View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 09:57 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default RE: not so sure

No I just can't put myself into the hands of just hospice if that time should arrive. Two years ago, a couple was seperated in the hospital, the night he died. they were not married and visiting hours ended. If you wind up critical in the hospital I have not seen much in the way of good. It is just my own personal experiences. Society has distanced us from death and even the subject is touchy. My mom died in 2000. In hospice, but they removed me from any choices I wanted for her. I knew her the best. I know what she wanted. Not to linger weeks in a semi coma. My dad in 95 was the one to suffer, throat cancer as I said. I am now at risk for the same disease unfortunately. I will not be making the same choices my father made if the same should occur. The medical community for the most part gives pain medications only barely to controll most peoples pain. For sure we are not running around playing tennis! I did not get enough pain control for even my last surgery, why would I trust that same hospital to give adequate pain control when they did not at my last little visit? If I choose a therapy, I will be in trouble with pain in no uncertain terms. It's a given from what I am reading and what the doctor has so far talked about. I have some testing yet to go through and alot of education to get to before I make any kind of decision. I will go for informed choice. I do not for the most part trust the doctors and pain control. thanks for allowing me my opinion ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote