View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 04:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Dry socket and the healing process

Hi everyone.. I am new here but was very impressed by the forums and wanted to get some help and advice from people who might have dealt with this. Here is the background.. Had my molar ( the last one) on the top left extracted on August 8 2011. I had to go back later to have the dentist pack it because I lost the blood clot. The next day I had this weird hollow pain when air hit it and was examined and said it was healing. They did give me an antibiotic and wanted to see me the next day. I went back and was checked again and they said it was healing. Well the following Monday I went back cause the weird pain was still there. It only hurt when I spoke certain words and air got in it. Well it was confirmed that I had a dry socket. I was told upper dry socket pain can be different than lower pain and that is why I thought something else was going on. Well I went back on Wednesday to have it rechecked and it was healing slowly and I had to be patient. So as it will be 3 weeks on August 29th it looks as though it is starting to fill in nicely but the darn thing is so sensitive. I went to see the dentist for a checkup this past Thursday and he said it is healing really nice, I still have some ways to go but it is really on it's way. I have sjourens disorder so I also think that is why my clot did not hold cause my mouth was to dry. I am in my late 30's. I have always had teeth issues and never understood why until I was diagnosed. Now I have this other issue going on and I need to know if anyone else experienced this,. For the last week and a half when I speak my other tooth on that side is experiencing sensitivity kind of like a vibration feeling. It is not loose. To give you a visual of which one it is. The last molar extracted, the one next to it is also gone and then it is that one freestanding. I hate my teeth and I am so young for so many teeth missing but I have the rest it is just that side. Also these last 2 days it has been very tight and a little sore and a few people one being a nurse said it could be because the gums are healing up and starting to constrict together causing almost like a tint feeling. So I was wondering anyone who has had any experience with a dry socket and it's healing could please give me a little insight as to did they experience anything like this and if there are any professionals that can give me some more insight would be awesome. I am done with this..it has caused me so much mental anguish.i cry a lot from not being able at times to be myself and I have two kids and a loving husband and I just want to go back to being me.. I am scared to go to sleep at night because i am scared the dry socket will come back and I hope for it to completely go away and I am let down when it does not. Thanks everyone for any help you can give me..
Dry socket girl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote