View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 05:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimking View Post
CanadianPain, I've seen plenty of photos of those with RSD over the years, my wife has RSD through-out but I've never seen anything like this. May I ask what treatments has he had? He really seems to be full of fluid of the likes I've never seen before. It looks like extreme infection.
Dear CanadianPain...

I'm so sorry we have to meet under these circumstances....RSD is just an ugly animal which we can not tame...not even with the biggest stick. I too, have RSD originating in my rt knee following knee surgery... Now I have it full body, internally also... At the very beginning of my RSD, My leg looked similar to your husbands...following a second surgery to try and restore as much mobility as possible...during the surgery they had inserted an external pain pump.... During the removal of the
external pain pump... My leg just spewed...I'm sorry to say it like this but I was at pT and as the Dr. Exited my room after taking out the catheter and remove the pump, I lost an abundance amount of fluid...it was under so much pressure.... course I began to shout for help...scared me and a mess but it did relieve much pressure and today 5 years later my leg is swollen and shiny...terrible burn and pain...I can't walk without a cane but the size of my leg has decrease tremendously since
the "explosion" fluid... Plz...ask his Dr. To drain his leg...and be doubly sure he does not have a severe infection....

I'm so sorry and remember you have us to talk with....

keep us posted....

take care....Kathy
keep smilin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote