View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 08:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I've been gone a while...now looking at botox

Hello all. Hello to Mark and Rae

Felt it was only fitting that as I just passed my one year anniv. of having my "twins" (lumbar and cervical SCS) implanted, that I pop in and say "yo" to everyone.

The twins have been doing fine. Did have a problem with one of the remotes, which was promptly replaced as it was under warranty. Now I get to start paying the annual warranty on both implants...about $400 is what I owe them annually now

Don't get me wrong, I'm not totally pain free and have still been dealing with pain. We came to the conclusion that I was receiving the best coverage for both lumbar and cervical areas and so have not been tweaked in quite some time. However, I do continue to have problems with upper back/neck area (just couldn't tweak the cervical to cover that pain), and have been receiving trigger point injections with Kenalog. Works, but only for a short time, so pain mgmt. dr. is wanting me to now go to Botox instead of the Kenalog as he says it will give me better pain reduction for longer periods of time. His office has sent in a precert. to my ins. co. and am awaiting the goahead. Was wondering, snyone had botox for spasms/trigger points? Any advice/suggestions?

Feels good to be back
fionab is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
JoanB (08-30-2011), Mark56 (08-28-2011), Rrae (08-29-2011), Sophie_ (08-29-2011)