View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 12:54 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Angry med induced neuropathy

A lot has happened in the past couple of weeks since I posted in the neuropathy forum re: my evil pulmonologist and feeling that copd meds were contributing to neuropathy symptoms. My insurance is involved, new pcp or someone must have contacted them and they sent a Dr to my house (eek, had to dust) to do a minor evaluation. He seemed to think it was drug related as well but have not received my copy of report yet.

I may have been blaming the wrong med, someone in a COPD forum posted a link to info concerning steroid induced myopathy and it was all there including neuropathy symptoms. Pulmo had told me earlierI could stop the steroid or take a lower dose (didn't admit it had done anything but his behavior implied he suspected). I felt great for awhile but ended up not being able to breathe and had to resume low dose. Most of my symptoms disappeared (along with my ability to breathe ,lol) but they are back at a lower level. My questions is does anyone know if the drug is causing pain is it doing actual nerve damage? I sort of think it did, toes, etc. still hurt a little without it but info said recovery could be long or partial so don't know. I don't know what was really happening but it felt like nerves were less irritated or not being irritated as far up.

I think there may be something else I can take but have not gotten that far yet. I'm so angry at pulmo and former pcp, apparently the drug also tends to attack the small muscles in the neck, I've been Dxed with pain and weakness due to cervical radicuopathy, most of that went away too but neck is sore again with a low dose.

These drugs are blockbusters for Pharma, I get angry every time I see the happy ads on tv. They list side effects to avoid law suits but the wording seems to minimize what can really happen. Also discovered my pulmo has been a paid speaker for them.
Thanks, Zygo
zygopetalum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote