View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 08:26 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Great idea. Thanks for the idea of the sandpit clam shell. I could manage that.

My situation here doesn't allow me to grow too much. What I did have was washed away in last summer's floods. Still have my parsley which had gone to seed but doing fine again now after attention that Koala suggested.

Most of the soil here is sand so I need to be more inventive and get some soil and compost delivered I guess.

It was like a summer's day here today. I felt a little guilty basking in its beauty knowing what was going on elsewhere.

Lots of Bindii (prickles) in the lawn. Got rid of the lot of them by hand today. Have what looks like "dollar spot" in my tiny piece of lawn. Circular brown patches of dead grass. I think it's a fungus. Don't use chemicals so not sure how to deal with this yet. I usually have the best lawn in the town but it's only several square metres. I mow it with a push-mower. Trouble is the grubs love it because it's so lush.

Need to cut back a large Hibiscus. I dread doing it, but know it'll be worth it. Maybe do that on Wednesday. Spring almost here so lots of work to do.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DVORA65 (08-30-2011), Koala77 (08-29-2011), Vonn07 (08-29-2011)