View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 08:38 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default So Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovefamilypets View Post
Hi everyone,

I wanted to write back sooner about my outpatient ketamine experience 2 weeks ago, but I was too sick until now to feel up to it.
My first day I had a 500mg infusion over 4 hours. I went in at 6am and was suppose to be discharged at noon. I wasn't discharged until 7pm when my dad wheeled me out and lifted me into the car while putting a throwup bag on my lap.

During the infusion, I had scary hallucinations which consisted of dying a slow death. I vomitted throughout the infusion and recovery period. I had horrible vertigo, nausea, dry mouth. I was terribly weak. I could not walk on my own to the bathroom until 1am the next morning. The anesthiologist said he had never seen someone react as poorly as me and stopped the infusion short.

Two weeks later I'm still exhausted, my left hand flare up from the IV cath continues, my stomach is still bothering me, I'm scared to fall asleep and I just feel so down.
I feel like giving up and I'm not sure how much more I can take. This was one of my last treatment options. At 27, I feel like my life is over and there is no hope of getting it back. I just don't know what to do and I thought if anyone knew it would be everyone on here. Please tell me this will pass because I can't handle feeling like this for much longer.
I am so sorry to hear that you are going thru so much. I have no experience with ketamine but I just wanted to let you know I feel terrible for you. There are so many people on here that will advise you and let you know that you WILL be ok. I have had this since 1986 and am so afraid to try the ketamine because of the stories, but there seems to be alot of success with so many people, keep your chin up and someone will come along with a great story for you regarding feeling better. I hope you feel better real soon.
Your friend Wendy
wswells is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Karen67 (09-28-2011)